INTURN is the leading global platform that standardizes the way the retail industry plans, shops and transacts off price inventory.
The Technical Writer role is responsible for documenting application specific guides that effectively convey to users how to setup, configure, and integrate with the Inturn SaaS platform. The ideal candidate has knowledge of web-based application development, demonstrates strong communication and writing skills, and can effectively interact with software engineers, product managers, and project leads. Deliverables include “getting started” guides, tutorials, release notes, detailed API documentation, architecture diagrams, and FAQs.
– Main projects will include writing world-class manuals and references for our internal and external tools and services, and improving existing, internal written material. The work spans the entire writing cycle from requirements gathering to publication.
– To shine in this role, you will bring a love of accuracy and clear explanation, excitement for the journey from zero to deep understanding on a topic you're writing about, and interpersonal skills to identify, build relationships with, and interview subject experts.
– You thrive in a dynamic, highly-collaborative team environment.
– You appreciate that effective communication benefits from multiple media, not only words. You can recommend various writing approaches, including artwork and video.
– Writing samples, including material for a developer audience
– Experience working with engineering teams and engineering program managers
– Fluency with plaintext workflows, including Markdown, Git, and bash
– Familiarity with version control and software development lifecycles
– Visualization skills with Omnigraffle and Photoshop, or similar tools
– Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
– Big-picture enough to ensure overall consistency and thematic voice within large documents and across document sets, and detail-oriented enough to catch tiny inconsistencies or mistakes down to the word
– Upbeat and results-oriented with a positive attitude
Education Experience & Requirements
– Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing(English), Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
– Proven experience writing documentation for web-based platforms, APIs, or SDKs
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Experience working with cross-functional teams to gather technical information from engineers, product managers, and project leads
– Experience with Jira/Confluence is desired
– Knowledge of SAP, or other ERP platforms, a plus