INTURN is the leading global platform that standardizes the way the retail industry plans shops and transacts off price inventory
You will build and optimize features on the INTURN platform and internal applications. Help INTURN manage the brokerage of millions of dollars of merchandise and complexities of a rapidly growing business. Collaborate with our product managers and engineers. Be part of iterative development, from compiling and vetting specifications through integration and testing. Build a product that is solving a real-world problem that brands and retailers will use every day.
You’ll be working with a talented, remote, self-managing team that works on impactful projects essential to INTURN’s success. You’ll contribute to story writing and sprint planning, participate in paired/mob programming, collaborate on releases and provide feedback to help us figure out how we can continually do it all better. We’re looking for not only an experienced engineer and problem solver, but also a good communicator, able to break down complex concepts to help influence decision making. The ideal candidate is a T-shaped engineer, willing to experiment, collaborate, try different approaches and learn new skill sets in service of building the most effective solution for our brands and retailers.
Technologies we use: Go, Temporal, Kubernetes, Nomad, Node (ES6 JS), Typescript, React, ElasticSearch, Postgres, Redis, AWS, Docker, Git, Laravel, PHP 7
- Migrate platform functionality from legacy systems to the next generation
- Optimize performance for speed and reduced resource consumption
- Write clear, maintainable, testable code
- Create robust high-volume production features and develop prototypes quickly
- Work with design, product, and business teams to develop features according to user needs
- Communicates and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Write automation code to deploy, monitor and alert to support your applications
- Strong CS fundamentals with 2+ years in professional software engineering experience
- Expertise in a modern programming language (eg. Go/PHP/Python/Java)
- Demonstrated usage of unit testing, continuous integration processes and monitoring
- Experienced with relational or non-relational databases
- Willingness to learn and try new technologies
- Experience with agile methodologies and pair/mob programming
- BA/BS is required
- Advanced degree is a plus
- Familiarity with cloud service providers (Google Cloud, AWS)
- Previous startup experience is a plus
- BA/BS in computer science or similar major
Benefits & Perks
- Professional development and wellness annual stipend (physical and mental health) $3200.00 per year.
- Sabbatical (after 4 years you get an additional month off)
- Medical, dental, and vision health care
- Paid Parental leave (12 weeks)
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid vacation days: 18
- Unlimited sick time (Humans First! policy)
- Equity options
INTURN is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of INTURN to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.